Thread: 870 jamming
View Single Post
Old September 23, 2013, 12:32 PM   #13
Beretta686

Quote:
The 870's chamber may be 10% of the problems, but the steel-based shells now being sold as "bargain" are all the rest.
I shoot quite a bit of these cheapo shells through everything from my O/U to my 12-inch Saiga 12 and have never had an issue before. So it could indeed be an 870 specific issue.

Quote:
I don't care if its a part time boat paddle gun, a field gun or a $5,000 target gun......they all have to be cleaned, and lubed properly, if you expect them to operate reliably !!
lol. I've probably taken my 870 to any extreme, but I've never really bought into the need to clean everything too often, especially if it's a range gun or field gun. I'll usually just break them down and wipe the big pieces off, spray them down and go back to shooting. The only ones I do a detail cleaning on, are the ones I use for self-defense.

Aside from now, I've never had a gun quite working and it may not even be due it being dirty. But either way, I'll finally properly clean the 870 this time.

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.”

Page generated in 0.05494 seconds with 8 queries