View Single Post
Old November 26, 2011, 11:15 PM   #191
Alaska444

Sorry, about following up on the healthcare issue from a prior poster, however, there are many examples of excesses of the Feds that historically shows that they will not give something without it having a cost.

Except in certain limited regions of the US, CCW reciprocity is not an issue for the majority of us. For my travels on the west coast, CA is the only place that is a problem. Unfortunately, it is also where my place of residence is at present. In such, CCW reciprocity bills by the Feds will add nothing to my 3 CCW permits from Utah, Nevada and Idaho. Yes, OR is not on my list at present, but a quick trip of a few hours and I can easily remedy that problem but I so seldom go to OR at present to justify that.

This bill will not change anything internally in any of the states, only reciprocity issues where you must adhere to each state's laws and regulations. That means that nothing will improve for my own situation of any meaningful benefit. I suspect that will be true for many other CCW holders at this time as well.

New England, NY, CA, HI are a long way from making any political changes in gun laws in these Democratic strong holds. However, the courts have forced changes even in these areas. Look at the map of CA for instance in the number of CCW friendly counties compared to 1 or 2 years ago.

I would really like some one to explain to me how this bill will enhance my CCW permits? We have had quite a bit of discussions about the bill, but little on how it will benefit. If there will be little benefit since you must adhere to all individual state laws, why is this bill worth the risk of Federal intervention and a power grab over state rights? What shall we gain that we can't do with a bit of patience and perseverance with the current course of affairs?

Page generated in 0.03332 seconds with 8 queries