View Single Post
Old April 29, 2005, 11:36 PM   #28
panzer426

I dont disagree about the owner, all of them, needing to be responsible. their should be atleast as strict laws for pet ownership as for firearms.
I hear that a lot about pit bulls. I swear I have met and trained a lot of them. for the last 6 months I have had a policy where I wont train pits, or canary dogs/presa canrios. not because they have a "intinsic" aggression towards people. that IS totally in the lack of training and socialization. I've never had a pit bull that showed any sort of threat towards me or anyone else. everyone of them Ive seen DOES ignore anyone and everyone, and I am sure they would ignore a shotgun blast to the face (lets assume it wouldnt kill them) in order to fight with a dog. to back that up the us government, hospitals, and insurance agencies all list statistics of dog bite over the last 10-20 years. rottweilers, pit bulls, dobermans and german shepherds are at the very bottom of the top 100 list. know whats at the top? #'s 1-5 are small terriers, poodles, and chihuahuas. number 6? very suprising but its a tie between labs and golden retreivers. knowing that I am still more cautious around my beloved german shepherds, and others than I am around labs and goldens, or even terriers.

Page generated in 0.03688 seconds with 8 queries