Thread: Wis.wolf fee
View Single Post
Old August 2, 2012, 01:10 PM   #23
Hansam

Shoot a wolf without a tag then failing to report the incident is also poaching. Ever thought about that?

EDIT: Oh by the way you got the county wrong. There is NO Prince county in WI. Park Falls is in Price County and I'll give them a call since they ARE in wolf territory. If the office says what you stated then I'll concede that I was wrong and you were right. If the office states different then I'll wait for your concession but I won't hold my breath.

EDIT (again): I called the office and was able to get in touch with a customer service agent there. I believe his name was Greg or Fred although the way he said it on the phone was not easy to make out. He stated that IF you found yourself or your dog in danger of being attacked by wolf and the wolf was in the act of attacking you or your dog (ie. stalking, growling, advancing etc.) then you have the right to shoot the wolf. Afterwards the procedure would be to notify the DNR and the wolf would be turned over to them for research and so as not to promote people just claiming self defense and shooting a wolf for sport. Aside from that no charges would be brought forth IF the shooting was determined to be truly a justified defensive shooting. Failure to notify the DNR is a crime and is considered an act of poaching which if caught would lead to a hefty fine AND confiscation of firearms AND loss of hunting privileges.

Personally I'll stay ethical and follow the law. I'd strongly advise that others do the same.

Last edited by Hansam; August 2, 2012 at 01:24 PM.

Page generated in 0.02098 seconds with 8 queries