View Single Post
Old May 15, 2008, 09:10 PM   #147
Wyldman

I condone the legalization of Marijuana ONLY, not heroin, cocaine, etc.

1) Extensive medical tests have proved that our LEGAL drugs are actually much more harmful than marijuana (i.e. tobacco, alcohol).

2) Legalizing marijuana would free-up funds wasted on (as someone else put it) harassment and incarceration (court costs, the officers wasted time) of harmless pot smokers, funds that could be diverted to getting the really bad stuff off our streets.

3) It would provide yet another taxable product that our government would make BILLIONS from.

4) It would GREATLY lessen the financial burden our prison system shoulders by incarcerating harmless pot smokers. Think of how many people would THAT empty out of our already over-crowded prison system making room for the ones who really need to be there.

5) Marijuana was actually first made illegal in this nation as a means of ridding NYC of their Black and Hispanic population. The idea being, Blacks and Hispanics LOVE to use marijuana therefor if we illegalize it, they will leave. (This is entirely true! Mayor Laguardia fought the new law tooth and nail). It was a very racially motivated law back then.

Those of you worried about people at the shooting range being high, cooking your meals in restaurants high, becoming burdens on us through abuse of our welfare system, etc. ... what's the difference between them being high or drunk? I wish I had a nickel every time I saw a fellow employee at work drunk and out enjoying lunchtime cocktails! I cannot offer anything to make any of you feel better about having "stoned" people shooting next to you at the shooting range save for this: most pot smokers do not pay memberships at or frequent shooting ranges as far as I know. For the welfare fears ... that is easy to control and actually, there are already laws regarding drug use and receiving welfare. Just U/A everyone who applies for assistance. I know many of you will complain about the cost of THAT but if you think about it, it wouldn't really be that expensive. Once people knew that applying for benefits meant being U/A'd, they either wouldn't apply or would clean-up before they did. SOME of those who cleaned-up might actually enjoy NOT being high for a change and do something with themselves.

Just food for thought.

"The stupider people think you are, the more surprised they are when you kill them."
Wyldman is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.03262 seconds with 8 queries