View Single Post
Old August 4, 2009, 04:53 PM   #1
Shadi Khalil

When Should Training Kick In?

When your faced with a situation that is dangerous or could be potentially dangerous, when do start contemplating what lethal force measures you might have to take? I'm talking about anything from a hostile dog to a hostile person. Here's one example..I was sitting in my basement the other night and my brother came by at 2:00am. I didn't know he was coming (he sent a text I never got) and when he started jiggling the handle I got real freaked out. I ran into upstairs and saw his car in the drive way, then let him in. He walked in and looked on my pile of books and papers and saw my pistol on top of the pile. "Thank God you didn't shoot me" he said jokingly. Then I realized, it didn't even cross my mind to grab my gun when I went to go check who was here. If someone had broken through the glass on the door they could have easily got in, giving them access to the loaded firearm I left sitting there. This got me thinking to past instances where I was in similar situations and never once thought about the gun on my night stand or even on my hip. So when does it kick in for you guys?

Page generated in 0.02646 seconds with 8 queries