View Single Post
Old January 18, 2011, 11:02 AM   #3
sewerman

nice.

my first B.P. gun was a A.Zoli kit purchased from Sears & Robuck in 1978 for $87.00!

i used it during the first year of reenacting. later, after reading an article from the camp chase gazette, a C.W. monthly periodical about how to make the zouave into an 1841 mississippi rifle i decided to do so. which was based on a real harper's ferry armory up grade on turning barrels to accept the 1842 socket bayonet to replace the sword bayonet normally used on the 1841.

turned the barrel in a lath to accept a socket bayonet, purchased the middle & front barrel bands for an 1841 from DGW. made and installed a front sight onto the front barrel band, made & installed a bayonet lug onto the barrel. then purchased an ORIGINAL 1842 bayonet from DGW for $47.00!!!

i never removed the cap box or replaced the rear flip sight.
it was a great success yet soon 2 band rifle of all types were shunned from reenacting. i sold it for the $100.00 W/bayonet. i wasn't too good at retail.
wish i had it now...the rifle shot POA and that bayonet was new looking and now worth $100+......

i also have two remington pietta 1858 just bought this year to do CAS with.
at the time only the 8" version was on sale. later the 5 1/2" version listed at sale price. i would've liked to have had one of each

keep that rifle!!!

S.M.

"They that can give up an essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety!" Benjamin franklin

The Armed Citizen PREVENTS tyranny!

Page generated in 0.02548 seconds with 8 queries