View Single Post
Old August 10, 2010, 09:55 PM   #9
ClemBert

"And the cat's in the cradle and the silver spoon,
Little boy blue and the man in the moon."

Jus' kiddin'....but I did start to think about that song when I first started reading your post. That was a very nice story to share with the rest of us.

My dad is still around and in his 70's. Every year around Thanksgiving and Christmas I drive on up to Atlanta to see the parental units. One thing you can count on I'm plenty busy helping the ol' man get caught up with his honey do list that mom keeps adding to. The poor fella is more busy now than before he retired from Boeing. Every once in a blue moon the folks come on down to Orlando. I always make sure I put them to work on one of my projects....LOL! Last time they were down here I put them to work helping me build a fence. I kind of feel bad sometimes about puttin' a couple of senior citizens to work like that. But heck, I don't feel so bad when I think about the time I was 25 feet up on a ladder cleaning out the slime in their gutters and a snake went slithering by. LOL, we had a lot of projects we've worked on together and I'm thankful for the time we spent.

I don't have a lot of dad/gun stories to talk about other than the one time us kids chipped in to buy him a rifle. Usually, it works the other way around for most folks and their families. But when dad turned 43 back in 1979 us kids (I was 15 years old) bought dad a Ruger 10/22 Deluxe rifle for his birthday. He still has that rifle but I bet less than 100 rounds have gone through it. More recently dad had a problem with squirrels at the house. He bought an air pump pellet rifle to handle the problem. Pretty funny to see ol' dad slowly open up the sliding back door and pop those pests. Reminds me of Elmer Fudd.

"When you comin' home son?
I don't know when, but we'll get together then son
You know we'll have a good time then"

Page generated in 0.02530 seconds with 8 queries