View Single Post
Old September 6, 2012, 06:52 PM   #1
kealil

UPS change of policy

Hey all!

Just thought I'd share something interesting that happened to me today.

I recently got a RCBS bullet feeder for my new press from Cabelas. After fiddling with it for two weeks to make it feed lead bullets, I gave up. So I grabbed the prepaid shipping label for UPS out of the box and packaged the unit back up again, all ready to go. I bring it to my local UPS store, and they say they can't take it because it is firearm related.

At this point I'm really confused because I can't even recall how many dozens of firearm related returns I've performed with UPS in the past through cabelas. They then pull out an official looking notice that instructs all third party UPS stores to no longer accept , and I quote "Any items related to or concerning firearms including: Firearm parts, accessories, components, literature..." starting the first of September. The list went further but I think you got the gist of it.

In the end I had to go to the local terminal to drop off the package. Lucky for me its only about a mile away from that UPS store.

Crazy if you ask me but I guess with all the shootings lately, UPS is just trying to cover their butts in some way.

What do you guys think?

Page generated in 0.02284 seconds with 8 queries