View Single Post
Old August 16, 2006, 11:37 PM   #3
Doug.38PR

I don't know, I have had three encounters in three different areas. Two in Texas and one in Arkansas and all of them have been good. The CHL was looked on positively and even made conversation with two of them "so what are you carrying?" But I have heard that here are a lot of bad cops out there who think they are the only ones that should have guns.

Texas is not the only state that requires you to produce. Colorodo I think does, Louisiana does, Mississippi I think does, Arkansas does, I think Alabama and Georgia do.

Honestly, I don't like this law either. I don't mean anything personal against police, but it's frankly none of their business if I am carrying unless they are arresting me. It's none of anybody's business. I personally don't think you should have to have a license to carry. Period

But in Texas you do.

If I was in a state that didn't require it, I personally might show them if I thought it a good idea under the circumstances, I might not if I didn't think it necessary.

I know there are a lot of people and LEOs in here who think you should produce it whether required to or not and they are entitled to their opinion. I just feel differently about it.

Page generated in 0.02487 seconds with 8 queries