Thread: SKS Info Needed
View Single Post
Old January 29, 2012, 04:11 AM   #13
Ignition Override

This won't really help, but it might be worth knowing about, for those who listen to scalper b.s. at gun shows and shops, who want the naiive to believe that they are about to become illegal etc.
It only applied to GB asking prices in March '08, and let's not forget that this was several months Before the pres. election,
which was the scalpers' dream come true.

I was studying Norinco prices, and many starting prices were $270-300.
Back then, the common Yugo with the launcher listed for a bit more, maybe $350. If you've never had an SKS or AK clone, you might find it worthwhile to buy a Tech Sight.

My Norinco was fun before installing the sight, but as a guy who only enjoys aperture sights, this new sight makes the rifle so much better, even from just 30-50 yards. My only regret is that I didn't seriously consider it until recently, as I knew that this "Commie junk" rifle would be with me a long time.

Let's be thankful for the smug contempt which most fans of ARs seem to have for these types.
Why? It reduces the demand and limits price increases. If the SKS were built here now, imagine the high retail price......

Last edited by Ignition Override; January 29, 2012 at 04:21 AM.

Page generated in 0.02449 seconds with 8 queries