View Single Post
Old December 13, 2006, 10:11 PM   #12
Bubsy

Pistol Ranges near NJ/PA border

Thanks for all the helpful suggestions. I really appreciate it. My friend "B" and I went to "Ready, Aim, Fire" today since they had both of the pistols I am considering purchasing. We first chose the Beretta PX4 Storm. Neither "B"nor I have ever shot a pistol but we've both had extensive experience shooting rifles. I chose to shoot first. When I pulled the trigger on the PX4, it responded with a loud thunderous "BOOM!" that startled "B". Rifles make a loud "POW!" sound. Neither "B" nor I realized that 9mm pistols sound more like bombs! After firing the PX4 Storm for awhile, we tried the Beretta 90-Two. Neither of us liked that gun. We found the grip too short and the gun "front heavy". Also, the barrel got very, very, very hot after a few rounds were fired. I was interested in a Glock and Don at the range suggested we try a 9mm Glocc. But neither "B" nor I were comfortable loading and shooting it. The design of the gun seemed to make it all to easy to accidentally fire off a round when inserting the magazine. My time was well spent. The Beretta PX4 Storm is , without a doubt, the gun I plan to own.

Thanks again to everyone who made suggestions about where I could try the guns, and a big thank you to Don at "Ready, Aim, Fire".

Bob

Page generated in 0.03430 seconds with 8 queries