View Single Post
Old September 21, 2012, 12:02 AM   #72
FloridaVeteran

Gaz in NZ - from your earlier posts, it seems that you might be into Cowboy Action Shooting there in New Zealand, or at least something similar, and that you are accustomed to having guns stored at the gun range rather than in the home. I'd imagine you have not lived in another country, or at least not in one that is so homogeneous as is New Zealand.

Wikipedia can give you some useful information about differences between our two countries. What is essential to know, and nearly impossible to learn, is the degree to which firearms crimes in a given country are committed with guns that were legally purchased and owned by the perpetrators/guilty parties. New Zealand probably has a very, very low number of illegally-acquired and illegally-available-to-acquire guns

I think it is great that you are interested in shooting sports and, possibly (but it doesn't seem so) hunting. But I think the fact that you don't feel a need to have guns in your houses in New Zealand is due to characteristics of your country that are unlike those of the U.S. As an extreme example, I wouldn't feel any need at all for a handgun if I were at the South Pole.

Best advice, for a happy life on forums like this (subject to admonition from the forum-master) is: keep political questions concerning guns, however couched, relative only to the country in which you live or plan to reside, not the other guy's country (ours, in this case). No offense intended, but I am a plain-speaking person and hopefully this advice will keep you from appearing to "bait" the others here.

Page generated in 0.02471 seconds with 8 queries