View Single Post
Old December 14, 2001, 09:09 PM   #7
dick w. holliday

Since it looks like Lee is starting to take the lead here let me tell you how i rigged one up to make trimming fast and easier (But i still preferr the RCBS)....Here's what i did----take a small piece of hardwood and drill three holes in it--one hole is the size of the Lee cutter head--the other two holes are the size of the Lee chamfering tool----after drilling the holes you take a saw of some sort and split the board (Cutting through the three holes)---then you put the cutter in one hole and two chamfering tools in the other two holes (Making sure the chamfering tools are so one cuts the inside and one cuts the outside of the case). You then put screws or something in the ends of the two halves which puts them back together which will trap the cutter and two chamfering tools in the board. when you get ready to trim cases all you do is screw the cutter pilot into the cutter and clamp the board to your bench. Use one of the Lee quick release shellholders that you can run in a drill and Zip,Zip,Zip and yu're finished---the only problem i've had is running the cases too long in the chamfering tools and then yu've got a sharp edge on the casing rather than the square one with no burrs.......For a dozen or three cases i'll use it every time rather than set up the RCBS.......Hope this makes sense.......Dick

Page generated in 0.03382 seconds with 8 queries