View Single Post
Old January 13, 2011, 08:41 PM   #53
Fusion

Quote:
No one believes that Remington or any other manufacturer would send out an unsafe gun, no matter where it is destined. However, I think it is entirely possible that certain guns recieve more QC than others. My Walmart 700 would not pass anyone's quality inspection that wasn't walking around with a red and white cane. Are all 700s created equal? I am certainly no expert, but does a ADL, BDL, and CDL all recieve the same amount of QC and craftsmanship? Is it possible that a special run destined for Walmart that must meet a price point get a little less attention to details to speed production and hold down costs? I don't pretend to know the answers but I will never buy another gun from a big box store.
In all honesty, this is why I don't like Remington. I've been less than impressed in the quality of any Remington I've owned, or handled in the last 5 years. I've also got several friends that have bought Remington's in the last few years and all have had issues right out of the box. None of them have come from Walmart. So I suspect you should be blaming Remington not Walmart, but that's really a moot point.

Page generated in 0.02583 seconds with 8 queries