View Single Post
Old May 5, 2010, 07:54 AM   #15
geoman458

Guys thank you for all your help. Last night I disassembled the trigger guard assembly and discovered that the magazine latch lever and plunger are in fact metal not plastic. It appeared to me and felt that the plunger was dragging and catching in the bore of the trigger guard. So I took some 400 grit wet/dry paper and polished the od of the plunger until I felt it slide in and out without hanging up. I only removed a minute amount of the bluing on the plunger. I also touched the corners of the bore to make the entrance smoother. Re-assembled the rifle and it was better but not quite good enough for me. So I repeated the previous steps. Now the 3 magazines I tried release easy. I also discovered during this rework that 2 of the 3 magazines had center screws that were too tight, the rotor was stuck and cartridges were falling out. I backed off the screw 1/8 turn. That relieved enough tension to allow the rotor to apply enough pressure to hold the cartridges in place in the magazine without falling out.

Reagrding the magazines, mine are all specifically for the m77/22 not 10/22. When I bought the extra mags I was particular in the model I bought. Again thanks for the abundant help. Couldn't have done it without you guys.

Page generated in 0.02358 seconds with 8 queries