View Single Post
Old February 22, 2005, 10:31 PM   #5
CANIS

I own a Texas Defender in .44 Mag w/ gold engraved barrels. FWIW, they no longer offer this gun in .44 mag. Some guy dislocated his thumb or some such and sued Bond Arms IIRC. So, they no longer stock that barrel. If it is within 15 yards of me, it is getting drilled COM with my gun. I regularly shoot 240 grain JSP hunting ammo out of mine. It is accurate enough to drill out the center ring of a silhouette target with no problem. Both barrells print close enough to point of aim.

The trigger guard DEFINITELY helps control recoil. You can always take it off if you want to, but you can't put one on the cowboy model.

I also have 3 1/2" .45 colt/ .410 barrels for it. They are a real hoot to shoot as well! You can get extended grips for the gun which really make it feel like a small revolver in your hand. I am completely happy with my Bond. It is bobble-free and the most powerful gun you can carry in your pocket. I requently carry mine in my front jeans pocket as a main carry gun. 1 or 2 .44 mag slugs at point blank range should do the trick for your average lowlife.

I intend to get .357 barrels and the .22lr barrels as well. They are beautifully made guns in a modern redesign of the old derringer style. They are safe to carry and load without all the problems that people associate with old style guns.

Any other questions about them, feel free ask - I have fired a ton of them and love them!

canis

Page generated in 0.03313 seconds with 8 queries