View Single Post
Old February 1, 2005, 01:45 AM   #3
MLKeith

CVA Thunderbolt

There is a lot of talk about the "Spanish barrels" and their lack of decent standards. Most of this is unfounded. The CVA and Traditions rifles offer a decent rifle at an economy level. This means that you are getting less quality in the trigger feel, finish level of the steel, possibly not quite so nice wood and from most of the synthetic stocks I would say they are near as nice as the more expensive rifles. Recoil pads are poor but so are the ones on the T/C Omega. I know as I have one and threw the stock pad away and installed a simms limbsaver. I have a Traditions Pursuit LT which came with a terrible trigger which when fixed (not an easy job) the rifle shoots very well. It does not shoot groups as good as the Omega but it cost less than one third as much. I have seen good reports on the CVA Kodiak Magnum which is what I would be looking at if I wanted a "lower cost Omega". I would recommend getting the rifle from a dealer where you can check the fit and finish and trigger before buying. If you buy a USA made rifle the chance of getting a bad one is less. The warantee on T/C rifles is hard to beat. It is the time of the year to get really good deals on older stock rifles so shop around.

Page generated in 0.02231 seconds with 8 queries