View Single Post
Old November 3, 2013, 07:48 PM   #2
bedbugbilly

Somebody here may be able to help you. If not - hit the link below. There is a thread on casting equipment that you could ask on. It's easy to join the forum and there is lots of help and good information there.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com

I'd also give Lee a call and see what they have to say. It sounds like either a burned out heating element or the thermostat? I haven't used an electric pot in years - mainly due to elements burning out, etc. - I never have used a Lee but I do use there reloading equipment. I've heard that they have good customer service - they probably can advise and get you fixe up in short order.

I use a single burner LP hot plate that I got from Cabelas quite a while ago. For my needs, it works great but the only temperature control I have is the gas valve. I have cast for probably close to 50 years and primarily go by color and how the lead is pouring. Sort of "fly by the seat of your pants" method but it works. Most of my molding was round ball and .58 minis - now I am in that lovely "hobby" of reloading - you know - the one that's like guns? You sort of end up being compulsive - always room for some new piece of equipment.

Hope you get your problem solved in a hurry so you can cast. Good luck and I'm sure Lee will get you fixed up fine. Let us know what the problem turns out to be - it may help someone else down the road here.
If a pair of '51 Navies were good enough for Billy Hickok, then a single Navy on my right hip is good enough for me . . . besides . . . I'm probably only half as good as he was anyways. Hiram's Rangers Badge #63

Page generated in 0.03243 seconds with 8 queries