View Single Post
Old October 4, 2013, 09:30 AM   #7
Beretta686

Quote:
My shooting buddy has a cheap red dot (BSA I think?) on his AK-47. He got it about 10 years ago for $49. We always suspected it would be delicate, but here we are 10 years and many 1000's or rounds later, and it still works fine. It is his "woods gun" for white tail, and it has taken 2. A reflex sight is a pretty simple device. I am sure an Aim-point would be better, but a cheap red dot can get the job done.
There are indeed some cheap optics that will work just fine and last forever. It's just like how I've seen some Hi-Point pistols that were really good performing guns which were accurate and reliably fed any ammo you put in it.

However, you're basically taking a crap shoot when you're going cheap, IMHO. You may get a real stud optic, but you're more likely to get a dud from what I've seen.

Just because you're not going to take your AR scuba diving and on a HALO jump, doesn't mean you don't want to get quality optics.

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.”

Page generated in 0.02676 seconds with 8 queries