View Single Post
Old September 30, 2013, 07:47 PM   #61
orionengnr

I will admit to re-purchasing any number of things I owned at an earlier age (not limited to guns).
Quote:
I do a lot of research before I buy any gun. I have kept the overwhelming majority of everything I have ever bought. I guess I don't fall prey to the "gee-whiz" factor too much, and stick with my acquisition plan.
You are either still young, or you never bought much in your life. In the last 20 years I have owned probably 100 guns. I could never have afforded to buy most of them unless I followed the "buy one, sell one" plan. I kept those that I liked at the time, sold some and bought others.
Quote:
Now, if you want to talk cars.........I'd love to have my old 69 Roadrunner or my 67 Chevelle SS back.
I hear you. In my case, it was my 66 Corvette and 69 Chevelle SS, although I could name a few others...and at least a dozen motorcycles (of the nearly 80 I've owned). And I wouldn't mind your 67 Chevelle (esp. if it was a big block) or your 69 Road Runner either.

Oh well, neither my garage or my bank account would allow me to own all of them at once, let alone forever. I am thankful that I got to experience each for a while.

I call myself a serial owner, and I still buy one, sell one...although my turnover has slowed down quite a bit.

Life is short, death is forever. Enjoy.

Page generated in 0.02381 seconds with 8 queries