View Single Post
Old December 23, 2012, 07:44 PM   #163
zxcvbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Billy
Effective firearms in civilian situations don't need to be as efficient as modern combat weapons are at killing a lot of targets in a short period of time, it is unlikely in the extreme that any civilian will be presented with a threat that requires the capability to kill or injure multiple attackers of enough number that a large capacity magazine is necessary. Six shot revolvers with practiced use of Speedloaders or 7 or 8 round magazines in semi auto rifles or handguns is enough to defend against any threatening situation reasonably apt to occur.
The Supreme Court disagreed with you in the 1939 case U.S. v. Miller. AFAIK that ruling has not been overturned.

I don't like plastic guns either, I like nice walnut and blued metal, but military-equivalent weapons are the MOST constitutionally protected arms. Your duck-hunting double shotgun just goes along for the ride. And don't you ever think the gun-grabbers aren't after your guns too. They will not be happy until all guns are in the hands of the ruling class -- except for a few in the hands of violent criminals (which they'll never get rid of) but they are OK with that because criminals serve a useful purpose.

Diane Feinstein has a concealed weapons permit, and AFAIK she still carries a snubnosed revolver. Do you know any ordinary people in San Francisco who could get a permit?

Last edited by Brian Pfleuger; December 23, 2012 at 07:47 PM. Reason: Quote Correction

Page generated in 0.02026 seconds with 8 queries