Thread: Rage heartache
View Single Post
Old October 22, 2009, 10:07 AM   #21
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
heck, a well placed 22 round will take down a deer, why wouldn't a field tip? I would take stock in his opinion, with a handle "Pizza Killer" he's not going walk too far to track a deer. I doubt he's often mistaken for Brad Pitt.....sorry Pizza.

Funny you should mention that. Just this monday I didn't do my part and made a crappy shot on a big doe. Fortunately, the 2-blade Rage DID do it's part. We had to track her for MANY hundreds of yards after we realized that she quit bleeding much if we didn't stay on her. Anyway, after tracking her for probably close to 1000 yards, at least 300 of it LITERALLY on our hands and knees through brush which had it not been for the blood I would never have believed a chihuahua would fit through much less a deer, we finally ran her out of blood. I hit her in a bad spot high in the neck just in front of the shoulder. If I had been using ANYTHING that cut a smaller hole than the Rage then I would have NEVER been able to follow the trail, much less for the distance that she would have gone if that hole had been smaller.

What I like about the Rage is that it makes my bad shots better. Now, don't get me wrong, most of my shots aren't bad shots but how can you argue with something that makes you better when things go wrong? After all, a field point will kill a deer without running 75 or 100 yards if everything is perfect. I don't need help when everything is right, I need something that makes the "Oh crap" moment work out for me. The two blade Rage does that for me. When it doesn't work out, I sure don't blame the blade.

Page generated in 0.03543 seconds with 8 queries