View Single Post
Old January 26, 2016, 10:35 PM   #56
MurBob

Quote:
Your proposed idea in my opinion has ZERO merit. I'm sorry, but you have a perspective that is so far from mine, and I'd venture to say from that of most responsible gun owners, that it is hard to even wrap my head around where you could be coming from with it. Your views are certainly NOT coming from the perspective of a supporter of the second amendment from where I stand.

You frighten me because you pose as great of a threat to my freedoms as a public official who would dare to proclaim that Australia is a model for gun control that the US should follow. We all know which specific two have publicly made that claim.

I'm sorry, but you truly DO scare the crap out of me, far more than any John Doe in our society. The John Doe out there at least I have a chance to handle successfully should the need ever arise, though I doubt it ever will. That is because I DO exercise my constitutional right to keep and bear arms and I DO legally carry concealed all day, every day. As I've stated before on this forum, if I am dressed, I am armed. Not because I am some paranoid bat-x-crazy fool, but because that really is the only way to insure that no one else ever has access to the firearm that I've chosen to and committed myself to carry for the protection of myself and family. I unfortunately can not protect myself or my family as readily from flawed ideologies, that far greater danger just isn't as obvious.
Don't take this the wrong way but frankly, you've said nothing of meaning here other than you obviously disagree.. Tell me what you disagree with. What part and why? I'm all ears, if you see a flaw, point it out..

Telling me I'm wrong and that you're frightened by the idea and how you're going to protect yourself does not add anything.. Its not debatable argument, its posturing.

And on that note, please tell me how you're going to protect yourself, and your family, when John Doe sits down behind you in a movie theater and starts fumbling with his weapon?
You see, you could be the best marksman in the world, with the fastest draw, and have a level of personal responsibility that is second to none.. and it won't help you or your loved family one bit when John Doe sits down behind you in a movie theater. (metaphorically speaking).

The fact is, we have the technology to predict John Doe.. insurance companies have been using it on you and I for over a decade and it is accurate to standards that turn the differences of a few dollars into riches for the insurance industry.

Page generated in 0.02272 seconds with 8 queries