View Single Post
Old December 29, 2001, 09:39 PM   #46
-Yo-

Someone posted that one doesn't need full-auto to defend ones family. Well, yes, I suppose, if you're talking about burglers, though I wouldn't mind having a legal 14" barrel or "street-sweeper" style rotary shotgun.

But, the more important question is "will full auto help ensure that America does not sink into a totalitarian police state?" You betcha. We are already in a situation where people work from January through early May "for the government." This means that the average citizen give up more of his work product to the government than did serfs in the middle ages. California tells me I cannot sleep, smoke or drink wine in a public park, or walk my dog on certain beaches. I can be thrown in jail for insulting a "protected class" (i.e. women), and the government can, under existing executive orders, seize my property or displace me from my domicile without a court order.

But for the good fortune that our leaders haven't entirely abused the powers they hold, we haven't become a totalitarian society...yet. But, historically speaking, we are becoming more and more like the Soviet Union under Stalin. If the Russian people had access to machine guns and bazookas, perhaps 10-15 million of them would not have been slaughtered by their own government.

Can't happen here? Are you really so sure?

The government maintains the edge in power through a standing army (something the founders feared), and now a vast centralized network controlling our financial resources. The people need all the tools available to resist tyranny.

Page generated in 0.03623 seconds with 8 queries