Thread: Game Cams?
View Single Post
Old November 7, 2001, 09:53 AM   #5
onehit

I bought a cam-trakker last year and have been very pleased.You absolutely do not have to set up the camera at feeding stations.Find an area of heavy deer use-either well used trails or make a mock scrape using a quality lure.Yesterday i developed film that had a very large 8 pointer centered perfectly as if posing,the picture was at night but was beautiful.Also on the film was a large blackie and many does.the flash does not seem to effect deer but i would caution against placing the camera where you plan to hunt.You never know it just might make that big boy a little nervous.Forget about the cost and hassle of developing film-when you have a full roll you'd pay three times the price to see what's on em, plus digital camera systems seem to cost a lot more than conventional systems. p.s. just remember that just because you have a monitoring system does not mean you will capture all deer.While bowhunting last week i had a close encounter with an eleven pointer who has yet to show up on film i had no idea he was around but you can bet i'll be lookin for him. Good luck

Page generated in 0.03115 seconds with 8 queries