View Single Post
Old August 9, 2013, 09:59 PM   #7
Sevens

Quote:
Ultimately, a gun is a tool. And finish has little to do with how it works as a tool.
I can agree with this, but only to a point. My Glock 29 is pretty much EXACTLY that. This "tenifer" finish has impressed the heck out of me as it just doesn't want to wear. Over 4k through it, an my EDC, it doesn't seem to want to show exterior wear. That's fine, but it's a bit of a bummer. It is my "working" gun. I do own a couple guns that I can look at and call them "tools."

Most of them aren't tools. To me, they are my "sports car." A guy buys a fast, sharp car, he spends half his time waxing it and polishing the wheels. It's kind of part of the experience. Yeah, he'll do a burnout or "run" another guy on a Friday night. Doesn't have to be a trailer queen, but he'll still wipe it down with a diaper.

I don't own fancy cars. I don't see any in my future. But I have a riot with my handguns and my three most favorite things about them are the way they shoot, the way they look and the strict round count that I keep track of. (the higher, the better) And not necessarily in that order.

My GSG 1911-22 looks all a mess. The finish is cheeeep and I run it wet and rarely clean it. The pistol makes me grin wide...constantly. It's nearing 5k, and if not for the rimfire drought, it would have been closer to 10 by now.

Page generated in 0.02599 seconds with 8 queries