View Single Post
Old February 16, 2011, 03:27 PM   #8
Dave Kay

Thanks a heap TO ALL, for all the replies. Am now curious about the RAF connection, THAT--- I am assuming is the Royal Air Force? Any numbers available to support thesis?

Regarding Irish Contract, perhaps my assumption is premature. Again, assuming the info is correct; somewhere online I saw numbers that proport to be the true and accurate Irish Contract run. While several other sites seem to post this info as law. One point being the S.N. PF prefix is supposedly IC, while my rifle is UF. However, in any case no source or reference is noted in support.

And yes, saw where client in Australia bought a 'wrapper' for $1000 online and while I spoke to the broker, he said it's another $300 to export--- wow! Guess there's fair amount of Aussie interest but how do I go about posting exclusively there? As I said, my goal is to find the rifle a good home where it will be cared for and appreciated for what it is... (pretty sappy, no?)

S.N. markings are stamped on reciever and sure enough, import stamps at barrel's end are who else--- but CAI! (see photos)

Thanks to all for the great info... but where might we find references to settle this Irish Contract/RAF mystery?

Best regards,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN2210.JPG (174.3 KB, 290 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN2211.JPG (213.1 KB, 252 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN2193.JPG (195.3 KB, 230 views)

Page generated in 0.02828 seconds with 9 queries