View Single Post
Old February 7, 2000, 01:26 PM   #8
Do-Man

Mercator and aztec,

My research on the project so far has been just getting comments from people on the net and searching sites like TFL. In addition to the bits I posted in the previous post, here are 3 other bits of info:

1. check out http://www.netside.com/~lcoble/dir10/excs71.txt

this is some typed up copy of an old guns and ammo magazine article. a gentleman on the mini-14 list has posted several times that he has bedded several minis and it cut accuracy in half. he also claims that the scout scope mount from ranch products (313-277-8536 ) will further reduce groups.

2. Mike Knifong <[email protected]> makes a mini gas port kit that reduces pressure on the op rod, resulting in less force on internal parts and brass not hitting the guy 2 lanes over. cost is $25 and user installable. he also does trigger work and does a discount if you get both.

3. brownells sells a drop-in shilen heavy barrel. a guy on the mini list has installed it, but hasn't had the time to try it out yet. from the picture, it doesn't seem like a true heavy barrel, since the portion of the barrel that resides in the stock looks to be regular diameter.

so far, i haven't tried anything yet (haven't even shot the rifle yet), but i have ordered the gas port kit and a rear peep sight from millet. if you're interested, i'll post results.

Page generated in 0.02418 seconds with 8 queries