View Single Post
Old July 6, 2000, 11:48 PM   #9
Jaeger

Gunmart,
I don't have a real computer. I use WebTV and don't have the capability to post or email pictures.

I have been intending to take a picture and send it to Steve Regwell so that he can post it on his 303 site. As soon as that is done I'll post a link here.

Ashley and Gibbs are supposed to be in cahoots to come up with a Scout package for Enfields. I don't know what the status of that project is.

My rifle uses a #5 action with a surplus 2 groove barrel that I got from Springfield Sporters for $20. The original barrel was trashed and my budget wouldn't allow a custom barrel. I am using a Ram Line stock and a Galco Ching Sling and 5 round butt cuff. The rifle has the ghost ring/micrometer adjustable combination rear sight. Ashley installed one of their scout mounts and a new front sight. I have a Leupold scout scope mounted with Millet rings right now. Warne QD rings are in the works.

The rifle shoots better thatn it has any right to. 3/4 moa with HXP75 Greek surplus ammo. It needs some trigger work but I'm having difficulty finding someone who will do a trigger job. It's a little overweight at 8 lbs. but it handles and shoots very well. It's not a Styer but I really like it. I do need to fire lap the barrel as it retains a lot of copper fouling.

If Gibbs and Ashley come through with their project I think there will be a lot of very happy Enfield owners out there.

Page generated in 0.04353 seconds with 8 queries