View Single Post
Old February 23, 2013, 05:50 PM   #120
Old Grump
Member in memoriam

Quote:
I never feel bad when I see someone shooting tighter groups than me. I might try and pick their brains or get them to coach my shooting.. But I sure try and not look at it like it's a contest. Just a bunch of goofolios out shooting for the day.

And any time I feel like my performance is not "good enough" I'm really confident that practice will improve that performance.

Sgt Lumpy - n0eq
In my case it was being staged between Kim Dyer the women's national champion and Bonnie Harmon, men's national champion at the All Army pistol matches. I talked to him about my front sight problem and he told me to think of the front sight as being connected to the trigger and when I squeezed my trigger I was trying to maneuver the sight back through the center of the rear sight. It added 15 points to my average. Still not a winner in that level but it got me into the top 100 shooters. I even beat Kim on a 22 rapid fire string with x's and there was no way I could do that the day before. I won't tell you what her scores compared to my 45 scores were like. I could get close but never match her. You won't learn if you don't ask.

I use the same trick when I am shooting rifles and it helps even more because of the extra distance involved. I had good days and bad days before, sometimes on the same day but bad days diminished a bunch after that little trick got burned into my 3 working gray cells.
Good intentions will always be pleaded for any assumption of power. The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern will, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.
--Daniel Webster--

Page generated in 0.02501 seconds with 8 queries