View Single Post
Old May 13, 2012, 05:39 PM   #1
RC20

Model 1905 Bayonet WT Mfg

When I was a kid I bought a bayonet through NRA magazine (best I can recall). Sometime around 1960. It turned out my younger brother wound up with it and gave it to me recently as he is clearing stuff out and as we were telling stories remembered it was mine.

My brothers and I have been getting my dads 1903 Sporter back into shooting condition and its spiraled off into one of the brothers picking up a group of 1903s and getting them back to original condition and has a lot of basic data

He though the bayonet was worth some significant money (by our standards) and I have researched it. Turns out it has some value. This one has a good provenance and the WT cross bar matches the marks on the blade (date of ownership and with the family since bought).

Its WT made so fairly rare, still the 16 inch length. Seems to be excellent condition from what I can see for sale though it has a few dings on the blade and the butt got used to hammer things so some dings there. Functions just fine for locking onto a 1903 (we have tested it on my brothers guns)

Also saw one that has a poor bakelite handles fit, this one is very closely matches. 1943 mfg so it can be matched up to two month period.

More or less at some point I am going to sell it as it does not have a lot of nostalgia. Mostly interested where the best place to sell something like that would be. More or less looking for the intense serious group or groups who would have major interest in it. While I would as much as I can get I also want it to go to someone who appreciates it (don’t want to ebay it)

As its correct for both the 1903 and the M1 connections into both groups would be good.

Scabbard is wrong for the bayonet but seems to have some value on its own (Navy Mk 1) and is also in good condition with one ding on the edge.

Pretty amazing condition for both items period, let alone it was used to do war on devils clubs (which I quickly found I was loosing badly).

Page generated in 0.03801 seconds with 8 queries