View Single Post
Old March 11, 2009, 01:11 PM   #63
Tom Servo
Staff

Quote:
Mince your words and hide behind your little verbal barricades all you want. The policy/law/whatever has no place in our society and you are the public enemy in this case if you endorse it. If you need more proof read the post above mine. Redcoats or blue level 4 vest, it makes no difference. Your not the military and gestapo tactics are not tolerated here.
Is it because this is an election year that I keep seeing these sentiments?

Yes, it's happened. I'm not a fan of the whole "no knock" warrant thing, and I know that there have been mistakes, some of which led to disastrous outcomes. The men who did that are not the rule, but the exception.

That does not mean, however, that all police officers who serve these warrants are thugs or potential thugs. That type of stereotyping is counterproductive and unbecoming.

IF the police were to execute such a warrant on my house through some mistake and IF I were (able) to harm the people entering, I'm sure an army of attorneys would be willing to take my case. Provided I wasn't dead or on a respirator, that is.

It's just that the chance of that happening is about the same as getting bumped on the noggin by a meteorite. Like a rogue meteor, the chances that I'll be able to react in time are very, very slim.

So, I can run around with my head on fire, or I can choose not to worry about it. Should this become an everyday, widespread phenomenon in the Orwellian sense, I might think differently. Right now, though, I've simply got other priorities.

Page generated in 0.03251 seconds with 8 queries