View Single Post
Old December 3, 2010, 09:25 PM   #57
ritepath

We had a small farm when I was growing up, and leased two adjacent farms to ours. I was always finding stands on both of these (owners lived in Florida and didn't give people permission to hunt). The easy thing for me was to just shoot them with a shotgun early in the season.

I remember one year after giving up a lease on one of the properties the guy that picked up the lease also started "renting" the property (The owner died, son took over) tried to run me off my own land. He come up to me I was about 75 yards deep into our property bow hunting in a stand. He come up to the stand and motioned for me to come down. So I did, leaving my bow up in the stand. He said "You know I don't allow hunting on this property right?" I responded. "Yeah, I'd say so considering you've been on my land since you crossed that fence." He never said another word just turned around and crossed the fence.

He seemed to have a problem with the fence, a few other times we had run ins with him. One ended up costing him 6000 bucks in damages and court costs. Once we ended up fencing in a camper he parked on our land. I suppose the fence was a little hard for him to realize it was there. But for some reason it kept the cattle in our property just fine.

Page generated in 0.02559 seconds with 8 queries