View Single Post
Old February 8, 2012, 11:27 AM   #7
Sbowling79

That should have all been covered in your ccdw class. Unless you got your permit 20 years ago and you are looking for updates.
The way the law works here if the sign says no firearms it means no firearms no matter what kind of permit you have unless you are a police officer on duty.
Here in Kentucky if you are on private property such as a store and have a firearm and they have the correct sign posted prohibiting firearms. They can ask you to leave but there is no criminal charges unless you refuse to leave. Government buildings are different.
Your ccdw permit will not keep you from getting in trouble. Look what happened to the medical student from Tennessee when she went to New York and there was a Marine that got in trouble in New York also.
I recommend that if you carry that you know the law front and back. I am sure your state has the law published on a website.
Read it yourself and talk to a lawyer if you have any questions. Forums are a great place for answers but for something as serious as carrying a firearm I find it better to research myself.

Page generated in 0.02812 seconds with 8 queries