View Single Post
Old December 21, 2012, 06:58 PM   #69
Odd

Quote:
Have you been to a DMV? You really want these people conducting mental screening? What do they know about mental health as a workforce? Next to nothing would be my guess. We keep asking what would stop these losses and honestly there aren't any good or easy answers... I guess you can try to outlaw evil, but it seems in thousands of years no ones come up with a 100% way to make it work.

Of course you could just let them take your rights, see how well it worked out for the Soviet Union and the Eastern Europe of the 1940's-1980... Nothing like government agents helping you never be heard from again or maybe you get off easy working to death in a Gulag in Siberia. And while were at it why don't we clamp down on our other rights too so we can be extra secure.... I think state run media so we can have filtered news would be great? How about the government telling us what religion to believe or not believe?

My point isn't to argue or even answer these questions, but rather point out if you can take one right or severely limit it then why not do the same with the rest of them???

You want a law that works, its called the 2A and its among the highest laws in the land...
Quote:
No way? How about any number of purpose built longarm cases/bags or any cases/bags that a long arm would fit in?

A single comprehensive mental health screening at the time of obtaining and/or renewing a license would not only be extremely expensive(who's going to pay for it?) but extremely intrusive and time consuming.

Not to mention, what about all the people who don't have licenses? If someone is plotting mass murder, suddenly the line is drawn at them stealing an illegally operating a vehicle to get to their target?

This idea is about as valid as suggesting periodic mandatory mental health screenings for all people...
All good points. While the idea was bad, it was the only one I could think of there the anti-gun people end up having a taste of their own medicine.

And yes, I've been to a DMV in CA which was an extremely horrid experience. But if the gun owners have to suffer, I believe the gun control advocates should also feel what it is like to lose their freedoms. (There is no right to drive.)

Page generated in 0.02831 seconds with 8 queries