View Single Post
Old November 25, 2012, 07:15 PM   #13
bedbugbilly

Jason - I reread your original post . . . I'm talking about additional cylinders in percussion . . . not for a .44 Colt . . .

As far as conversion cylinders . . . I think you're pretty much limited to what has already been mention - Kirst, etc. and in the configurations that they offer . . .

If you found a spare percussion cylinder . . . I suppose you would only be limited by your creativity and machining abilities (which you already have) . . . and to make sure that whatever cylinder you used met the specs for the pressures of the cartridge you'd be using (along with the barrel - steel specs and actual bore measurement). The bore measurement is probably the most limiting factor.

I have a feeling that by the time you find a cylinder that you could utilize and all of your time, dollar wise, a person would just be better off in going with a conversion cylinder or one of the '60s that are already converted in one of the cartridges that they are available in?
If a pair of '51 Navies were good enough for Billy Hickok, then a single Navy on my right hip is good enough for me . . . besides . . . I'm probably only half as good as he was anyways. Hiram's Rangers Badge #63

Page generated in 0.03959 seconds with 8 queries