Thread: Lets Talk AMMO
View Single Post
Old September 1, 2008, 06:15 PM   #3
Night Watch
Registration in progress

Ranger ammo is generally available somewhere on line; and, you don't have to be law enforcement to purchase it. As far as I'm concerned the, 'T' and, 'B' series are best-of-breed.

More important to my way of thinking is what sort of recoil pulse does a certain brand of ammo produce? If I have to work extra hard in order to place fast and accurate follow-up shots on target, then, I'm not going to be extremely happy with that particular round.

My own favorite 45 acp bullet is Speer, 'Lawman'. In spite of the name anyone can buy it; and, because it's not a JHP configuration it's generally considered to be target ammo. (Something which, 'Lawman' definitely is not!) My favorite 357 magnum bullet for my 3" backup revolver is the Speer 125 grain GDHP.

I don't spend a lot of time worrying about what this or that bullet will (or won't) do. I fire two or three times at everything; consequently, I'm much more concerned about how well I'm hitting with the entire group rather than with whatever bullet I happen to be using.

Page generated in 0.02411 seconds with 8 queries