View Single Post
Old February 1, 2014, 05:33 PM   #1
Rem1187

Scope for Swiss K31

Hey guys,

Today I was lucky enough to pick up a really nice Swiss K31, the k31 is a rifle that ive always wanted so im naturally very excited! Im not sure what year the rifle was made but maybe one of you can tell me how i can figure it out.

The previous owner also gave me a st marie clamp on mount 3/8" and some Weaver .22 tip off aluminum rings. The package from the rings says fits up to 36mm OBJ lens, I assume that means that with these rings mounting a 40mm scope is not possible.

I was hoping to get some suggestions from the k31/long range shooters on a good scope to put on this gun. I would like to spend absolutely no more than $250 and would use the setup for casual shooting between 50 and 400 yards. I may also use the rifle for some occasional deer hunting if the chance presents itself. Please let me know if you have suggestions for a scope that i could use with my current rings.

Also if you believe that my current rings are a no-go please explain why and provide me with a new rings/scope recommendation.

For those who have experience with the ST Marie mount what is the best way to zero to take into account the effect of scope offset on POI?

Thank you all for your help! Very much appreciate the expertise!

Page generated in 0.02698 seconds with 8 queries