View Single Post
Old December 4, 2005, 12:41 AM   #21
springmom

side shots....what I meant

Quote:
As for the side of the skull, and the back apparently, just how would you be shooting the most curved part s of the skull? Just curious, could you please rank the parts of the skull in order of amount of curvature? Contrary to your statement, the side of the skull is flatter than many other areas. No parts are completely flat, of course, but the area of the temporal is about as close as you can get.
I seem to be spending much of today trying to explain what I meant

There was some discussion regarding the brain stem. I was following up on that and saying that if you were trying to shoot THAT PART of the brain, from the side it would be extremely difficult. My point was that this is a tough shot to make, and as somebody noted, the extreme stress of the situation would likely blow my fine motor skills entirely. I myself would not be very confident in trying for a head shot. OTOH, I tend to shoot a bit high if I do miss my bullseye, so I might end up making one anyway.....

As for ranking curvature, I was therefore thinking about the rear of the skull as it curves outward from the neck and up. That's the "curviest" part; the top and sides are indeed more angled, or, in the case of the sides, nearly flat on some folks.

My artwork always includes at least the head and shoulders of the subject, and I am aware of its architecture As I said, though, I was thinking about the previous comments regarding the brain stem and trying to make that shot.

I don't think I'm that competent or cool under stress!

Springmom

home on the web:
www.panagia-icons.net (my webpage)
www.nousfromspring.blogspot.com (Orthodoxy)

"I couldn't hear you. Stop firing the gun while you're talking!" Frank Drebin, The Naked Gun

Page generated in 0.02951 seconds with 8 queries