View Single Post
Old March 22, 2000, 12:08 AM   #1
1911guy

I saw a GLOCK 23 in a gun shop today.It was pre ban i think.Are they 13 rds?Anyway it seems like it would be a great carry gun.GLOCKS are so light my brother has 2 of them and loves them.He says half the time he almost forgets he has it on.I was wondering about recoil in the 23 because of it's weight.I have shot the glock 9mm and they have little felt recoil,easy to put 3 quick rds on target.Also does the load you shoot in the 23 affect recoil?I like the GLOCKS for their short trigger pull kind of like my 1911 but not quite.I love my 1911 and carry it 7 or 8 months out of the year,But when summer gets here it turns into a love hate thing really quick!! If you know what i mean.I have seen 180 gr. loads for the 40 they are Golden Sabers,they are moving at about 975 fps i think.They are supposedly the only 180 gr. 40 out there that reliably expands.Is this true?Also is it true that not even the best Hollow Points expand all of the time and therefore the bigger bullet is better?I read that the US Marshalls and the FBI use 40 GLOCKS 22's and 23's i think.There must be a reason for this,right??If the slow 40 180 Golden Sabers are used does that make it more effective?ie:Heavy and Slow?Also what is the going rate for a GLOCK 23? Is it worth it to go for the pre ban?Whats the price for a pre ban vs post ban?Thanks for any help.

Page generated in 0.03458 seconds with 8 queries