View Single Post
Old December 5, 2011, 10:54 PM   #286
Al Norris
Moderator Emeritus

I had to think long about this one, as this is exactly the kind of "maverick" undertaking that Alan Gura, the SAF and to a lessor extent the NRA, has warned us about.

It is also a case that the folks at the CalGuns Foundation have tried to convince Charles Nichols not to bring. Until the Courts agree that we have a right to carry in general, lawsuits aimed at a specific form of carry can backfire. This is generally called putting the cart before the horse.

Of course, if Nichols loses at district, it will not mean much. If he appeals and loses at Circuit... Well, it then becomes precedent in the 9th and persuasive authority, elsewhere.

The case: Nichols v. Brown.

The case is filed pro per, and to give you an idea of the type of character that Mr. Nichols is, I offer you his own words: http://www.examiner.com/la-in-los-an...ry-the-nra-too

I'm going to hold my nose and add the case to the listings.

In other business, today:

In NRA, et al v. BATF (was Jennings at district court), the plaintiffs filed their opening brief in the 5th Circuit. Brief is attached and is a very good argument. The NRA attacks Judge Cummings (of Emerson fame) decision at the district without reserve.

See the Thread for the brief.

Page generated in 0.02421 seconds with 8 queries