View Single Post
Old October 27, 2008, 06:45 PM   #38
butwhat

Don Gwinn
Staff

Posts: 5,931 I don't know, but if you plan to sit in a blind or a stand like during the earlier seasons, I wish you much luck. Handgun season is way late, long after deer have ceased to move, at least in my little patch of Pike County.

The last time I tried it, I sat in a stand that's a guarantee during firearm season. Nothing. Then I walked all the draws and looked everywhere for sign . . . . still nothing. In that part of the state, I can't figure out where they were. Did deer start hibernating or something? " Quote

I decided on the T/C Encore 444 Marlin 18" ported barrel with brake & the Hornady Leverevolution 265 grain bullet 2325 muzzle velocity. It should be about the same as the new slugs or muzzleloaders. To bad I can't use the pistol for Muzzleloader only season.
Anybody have any ideas on how I can touch my muzzleloader off without shouldering the gun? I've heard of sometype of pad that greatly reduces recoil.
Do these pads work? Any links?

Last year we had 480 acres of corn still in the fields around us. I know where the deer were then.

Last edited by butwhat; October 29, 2008 at 11:59 AM.

Page generated in 0.02920 seconds with 8 queries