View Single Post
Old August 29, 2013, 11:36 AM   #7
Hellgate

They are what I started out with for CAS/SASSmatches back in the 1990s. Depending on the importer they varied considerably. Most of my ASM guns (all Colt clones) have at one time broken their hand springs. Some of the importers never specified to CLEAN the guns after proof testing and arrived brand new with rusted barrels. The best one I ever had was an ASM "Hartford Model 1860 Army from EMF. Better finish. At that time ('90s) I had my best ones (a pair if 44 cal '51 Navies and the Hartford 1860) tuned by a perfectionist gunsmith (Mad Dog McCracken) and he hardened the triggers, smoothed up the innards and timed them. They STILL are my "serious" match guns in spite of all the other guns I've had (38 so far, kept about 15). When I had him "tune" a Pietta 1860 Army he said the internals were crap. The only Pietta I own now is a J H Dance model and it runs great. I hear the Piettas are much better made these days.
SASS#3302 (Life), SASS Regulator, NRA (Life), Dirty Gamey Bastards #129
Wolverton Mtn. Peacekeepers (WA), former Orygun Cowboy (Ranger, Posse from Hell)

Page generated in 0.03043 seconds with 8 queries