Thread: Lax Training
View Single Post
Old July 9, 2009, 07:38 PM   #14
Mike in VA

I agree with Glenn's observations, but I'd also add that it has to do with maturity. Iwas always a bright kid and a quick study academically, but atheletically I was pretty clutzy.

This was a bit of a source of puzzlement to my dad, who was very much of a natural athelete, but he gave me a lot of encouragement and time, and told me that even Babe Ruth struck out twice as often as he he hit. 'Overnight sensations' usually have an obscure track record and a lot of time in the minors that no one pays much attention to - Practice, practice, practice. . .

Even those who are born with natural talent still have to work to develop that talent, and some of us have to work harder than others. It makes no sense to compare yourself to those who have been at it for a while, everyone has to start from square one, but some people will just do better than others at any given endeavor (despite .gov efforts to 'make life fair":barf:), but perserverence and hard work will pay off, if you can get over yourself and lose the ego.

Does your friend want to learn and master a skill or remain ignorant and smug? Nothing worthwhile comes easy, regardless of 'natural talent". JMO-

Page generated in 0.02058 seconds with 8 queries