Thread: Lax Training
View Single Post
Old July 8, 2009, 05:15 PM   #8
pax

Quote:
His groups improved but you could tell he was kind of embarassed. Especially when my girlfriend went up and shot a very tight group after he was done.
That's awkward.

Years & years back, when I was really just starting out with defensive shooting, I took a class with a (male, casual, very platonic) friend of mine. We took the class together for camaraderie, because it sounded like it would be fun to take a class with a buddy. And it was fun. We had a great time all weekend on the line, visiting in between relays and just generally enjoying the whole scene.

Second afternoon, toward the end of the day, the class included a qualification-style shoot, complete with scores. It was cool to see how much we'd improved. We were just standing there visiting while scoring up the targets when he looked over at mine and saw that my score was better than his (by some ridiculous amount, like maybe two points -- not by a lot). He kind of went quiet, and I didn't think anything of it at the time; lots of other stuff going on and we were both pretty tired after the whole weekend anyway.

It's been 9 years. We're still good buddies and we get together for a visit as often as our mutually busy schedules will allow. But he's never gone shooting with me again.

pax

Page generated in 0.02031 seconds with 8 queries