Thread: AK-47 or AR-15
View Single Post
Old October 30, 2009, 10:29 PM   #1
hkkilla

AK-47 or AR-15

So I was having a conversation with a fellow gun loving friend today, and we got on the topic of intermediate-caliber, semi-automatic Homeland Defense rifles... let me also say my friend is a "tacticool" guy, and get 95% of his firearm knowledge and range time with ex-military friends (although he never served). Long story short, outside of GLOCK, M-4s and Remington 870s he knows pretty close to nothing about guns, and does not believe in fun range shooting and hates the .22 LR round.

I on the other hand love all guns and love nothing more than a fun day at the range, although I have taken a couple of Tactical Carbine and Pistol courses, and love them too, not all shooting must be done in a training venue. So we got to talking and eventually arguing about the AR/AK topic. He hates AK47s with a passion, although he has never fired one. They are the weapon of our enemy, a commie piece of inaccurate crap that pales in comparison to the ever-deadly M4. He says if AKs were so great that the US military would use them. I tried the argument that it is the most prolific weapon in history, with over 80 million produced, and while a WASR 10 may not be accurate, in the right hands, a nice, milled Yugo or Vepr or Arsenal is a very combat accurate weapon. No need to mention reliability.

So, all in all, in a modern, urban combat setting, which would you take?

Page generated in 0.02445 seconds with 8 queries