View Single Post
Old May 27, 2012, 02:14 PM   #74
zxcvbob

I drive fast but pretty careful. So I get speeding tickets about once every 10 years (used to be a lot more frequently when I was much younger.) My last one was a year ago, and I was carrying.

After we both pulled over and before the deputy got out of his car, I got my wallet out of my back pocket and put it on the dash, and grabbed the registration and insurance papers from behind the visor. Then I rolled my window down halfway and waited with both hands on the wheel. If this had been at night, I would have done the same thing except first would have turned the dome light on.

I never did tell him I was armed because he never asked me to get out of the truck nor anything where I'd have to move around and maybe expose it. It's not required here, so why add unnecessary complications to things? If I had to get out or go dig for something, I would've handed him my license to carry first. (don't say the word "gun". "Firearm" or "weapon" might be OK but I prefer to let him see my goodguy card first)

Page generated in 0.02429 seconds with 8 queries