View Single Post
Old December 8, 2014, 04:49 PM   #95
splinter MBA

I know it has been a while since I posted on this thread, but I wanted to post a few updates now that I've had time to think it over more.

I still carry my 9mm Nano loaded with Winchester 124 grain +p hollow points. It has become a trusted companion. It's weird, since the incident I have almost personified my gun. I carry it everyday, everywhere, including work (And I work at a college. In Utah it is legal to do so.) I practice at the range and drawing at home.

Perhaps the most important thing I've been able to adapt is a more mature attitude and I'm actively avoiding these kinds of confrontations. I'm not saying I was immature when this incident happened, just that now I take carrying much more seriously. And when driving, I let people in front of me. I give the "thank you" wave when people let me merge in traffic. I've tried to get better at avoiding the confrontations.

Also, in hindsight I'm not sure if the attacker got a glimpse at my gun. He might have seen the back sights peering over my belt, but I'm not so sure. I think that fact that I was reaching for my hip was a universal signal to him that I was armed, or might be armed. For this reason, I always carry in the same place. I won't say it's the best, but it's an added level of comfort.

As for my gun, I'm saving up for a larger one. I love my Nano, but I would feel better having it's big brother (PX4 Storm) on my hip and the Nano on my ankle.

To sum it up, the phrase "speak softly and carry a big stick" has new meaning to me.

Page generated in 0.02914 seconds with 8 queries