View Single Post
Old December 15, 2012, 11:52 AM   #62
AH.74

Quote:
You said if it was shady it'd be addressed by law. Why would "it" specifically be addressed and other shady things wouldn't?
I did not say that. I said if it was such an issue it would have been addressed and regulated. And to repeat, again- it's not, and so it hasn't been.

Quote:
All kinds of "private" transactions happen every day. Some people want receipts, some people don't care.

Wanting one or not wanting/caring are not shady. Refusing to provide a receipt is shady.
In your opinion. If I don't want to provide a receipt or get one from you, there's nothing shady about it. It's perfectly legal- therefore not shady at all.

Quote:
It's such a common, every day, normal part of life that a refusal to provide one is a significant red flag.
Absolutely not, for the same reasons- it's not illegal or questionable in any way, shape, or form. If you aren't comfortable with your potential buyer, fine- but an across-the-board broad-brushing of every refusal as being shady is not appropriate.

Quote:
I've bought and sold all kinds of things over the years, both with and without receipts. I've been asked for one when I didn't care and I've asked for them when the other person apparently didn't care.

Neither of those is shady. If I ask for one and it's a "No!", it's shady as hell.
Same answer as above. You keep saying the same thing. I may have my reasons, which have been spelled out in this thread as being perfectly legitimate and within the lines of the law. Nothing shady about any of it.

Page generated in 0.02407 seconds with 8 queries